Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Top 5 Xbox/Xbox 360 Games IMO

Number 5


Obviously from the title you can see that I am kicking off things with a game from a series I was arguing against in the previous blog entry and this will not be the last entry from the Call of Duty series, I can promise you that! Unfortunately this game's online multiplayer mode is virtually unplayable with almost every lobby being modded. If you can manage to get a modder free lobby then holy cow get ready for some fun! This is around the time that the Call of Duty franchise really started taking off in popularity and online multiplayer first person shooters were gaining traction. 

What made this game so special in my opinion? A few things, starting with how simple the game was to pick up and understand to play. One of the best features World At War had was the boot camp mode where new players could face off in multiplayers so they don't feel overmatched against more seasoned veterans. There was really only one overpowered weapon (I'm looking at you MP40) and one overpowered perk (Juggernaut sucks) which made the game fairly balanced. Did I mention unscoped sniper rifles?! My personal favorite type of gun in all Call of Duty games. Not only was the multiplayer experience fantastic but this was the game that introduced the ever popular Nazi Zombies mode to the Call of Duty franchise. Those two things I have had endless hours of fun with and still bring me back to the game from time to time.
The Kar98k. My favorite weapon in Call of Duty World at War

No comments:

Post a Comment